- Este evento ha pasado.
CARS 2017 – Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery
junio 20 - junio 24
Welcome to CARS 2017
The CARS congress is the annual event for a distinguished international community of scientists, engineers and physicians to present and discuss the key innovations that shape modern medicine on a worldwide basis.
Founded in 1985, CARS has played a leading role in medical and imaging informatics for more than 30 years by focusing on research and development on novel algorithms and systems and their applications in radiology and surgery. Its growth and impact is due to CARS’s close collaboration with the IFCARS, ISCAS, CAR, CAD, CMI and IPCAI organizations.
Following the long term successful cooperation, in many parts of the world, in 2017 these prestigious scientific communities will jointly hold their annual meetings as part of the 31st CARS Congress in Barcelona, Spain.
The CARS Congress Organizing Committee invites you to come to Barcelona in June 2017, for an extraordinary event in which scientific/medical presentations as well as stimulating discussions will foster new visions on the future of medicine.
At the CARS congress you will have the opportunity to meet scholars and practising experts in the fields of radiology, surgery, clinical medicine, engineering, informatics and healthcare management who have an interest in topics, such as
- advanced medical imaging
- image- and model-guided interventions
- image processing and visualization
- intelligent operating room of the future
- decision and action support in surgical management
- computer aided diagnosis
- medical simulation and evaluation, and e-Learning
- surgical navigation and robotics
- model-guided and personalised medicine
- integrated patient care
New PACS applications, including IT-infrastructures adapted for the operating room, related results from the DICOM and IHE working groups, but in particular, new methods and IT-tools for modelling the patient and medical processes are increasingly shaping the scope of CARS. Clinical specialties represented at CARS include:
- Computer aided neuro-, ENT-, orthopaedic and spinal surgery,cardiovascular- and thoracic surgery, gastroenterological-, gynaecological- and urological surgery
- Imaging and interventional radiology
- Computed maxillofacial imaging
- Computer assisted radiation therapy
- Image guided navigation surgery
- Minimally invasive and robotic surgery
- Pathology informatics
Please note that the deadline for paper and abstract submissions for CARS 2017 in Barcelona is January 10, 2017. Recent successful CARS congresses have taken place in Berlin, Paris, Tokyo, San Francisco, London, Chicago, Osaka, Geneva, Pisa, Fukuoka, and Heidelberg. We would be delighted to welcome you at CARS 2017, which will take place in Barcelona, as one of the leading cities for medical conferences and a Mediterranean city with a very special flair.
Heinz U. Lemke, PhD